Application Deadline: November 1, 2019.
The ArtsEverywhere Fellowship for Artistic Journalism is a year-long program of support for any individual artist / journalist / writer / musician / producer / collective whose work exhibits a commitment to integrating creative practice with rigorous journalistic research, writing, and multimedia production.
The fellowship will be a continuation of a line of inquiry and body of work ArtsEverywhere has been developing for the past two years — The Curse of Geography. While we do not expect the work of the fellow to replicate the stories in the series, the proposed project should conform to the approaches of reportage and long-form narrative storytelling that have been developed in collaboration with independent artists, journalists, and producers as well as cultural and academic institutions, media outlets, and international NGOs. Accepted fellows will receive support from professional artists, journalists and producers, including our editorial staff, contributors, and commissioned mentors.
Projects focused on locations in Africa, Asia, Australia, the South Pacific, South America and the Caribbean, or in under-reported parts of North America and Europe will be given preference, though the final decision will be based on the following: the merit of the overall proposal; quality background research and proof of concept; feasibility of timeline and final project; demonstrated experience creating compelling non-fiction narrative, in tandem or through quality artistic production; and measured usability of final product to lend towards positive social change in relation to sources and focus communities. Proposal submissions and final projects should be written in English. All translations will be covered by the fellow.
The fellow will receive $15,000 CAD as a fee and $5,000 CAD for travel, equipment and other project costs.
Fellows will be required to present a mid-project progress report and participate in the 2021 ArtsEverywhere Festival in a programmatic capacity TBD (funds to attend the festival will be provided separately by ArtsEverywhere).
How to Apply:
- Cover letter (1 page) single spaced, resume/cv, short bio
- Story Pitch (500 words, can be accompanied by appendixes that clarify concept)
- Diagram (a drawing/sketch/visual treatment) of your story idea that illustrates the narrative structure, arc, and connectivity with sources and potential partner outlets)
- Work samples (2 previous projects that can be evaluated within the parameters of the fellowship objectives and requirements)
- A letter of reference (additional letters will be accepted, but are not required)
- Website, digital portfolio, any links to previous or related work
Proposals must be submitted to [email protected]. You will receive a confirmation receipt within 24 hours. Only short-listed applic
For More Infornation: