Application Deadline:Tuesday 8 November 2016 23:59 GMT.
Established in 2001, the Ashden Awards are a globally recognised measure for excellence in the field of green energy.
Ashden rewards innovative enterprises and programmes that deliver, or play a key part in enabling the delivery of, renewable energy and energy efficiency at the local level, and through this bring social, economic and environmental benefits.
In 2017, Ashden will make seven International Awards. The winners will receive prize funds of up to £20,000 each.
As well as this cash fund, winning an Ashden Award brings many other benefits, such as:
• National and international publicity, through the work of our specialist communications team.
• A tailored business support programme to help you take your work further: this can include professional mentoring, sales and technical training and introductions to investment and grant finance.
• A broadcast-quality short film of your award-winning work.
• Opportunities to present your work to large and influential audiences at the Ashden Awards ceremony and conference.
• Membership of the network of Ashden Award winners, who are all leading practitioners in sustainable energy.
• The acclaim of winning a prestigious Ashden Award.
Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations are all eligible.
• The application can be for a specific renewable energy or energy efficiency programme, enterprise or building, or for a specific product or service. This may be the whole work of an organisation or part of it.
• The work must be proven on the market and have been delivered for at least one year.
• The work must be delivered in at least one of the UN’s developing regions of Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and can be in rural or urban areas. High-income countries in these regions, as defined by the World Bank, are not eligible to apply.
What will happen if you win an Award
As an Ashden Award winner, you will:
1. Be invited to London at Ashden’s expense to take part in the Awards Ceremony on 15 June as well as other events during this week. Winning an Ashden Award is contingent on taking part in Awards week activities.
2. Participate in media interviews that we may be able to arrange.
3. Agree with Ashden what you will spend the prize fund on and any business support you may require.
4. Provide and update monitoring data about the progress of your work after one year, two years and three years.
How to Apply for 2017 Ashden International Award
- If your sustainable energy work fits the awards criteria and our particular interests for 2017, you can apply for an Ashden Award by filling in the online registration form at http://apply.ashden.org/.
- If you would like to discuss whether your work is relevant to the awards or have questions about the application process, please contact the Awards Coordinator at [email protected]
- It is important to read the detailed information about the Ashden Awards and some of the case studies of previous winners on our website (www.ashden.org) before applying.
***All applications must be received by Tuesday 8 November 2016 23:59 GMT.***
For More Information: