Application Deadline:midnight GMT on 22nd of February 2017.
This special edition of ChangemakerXchange Summit in Kenya brings together 25 of the top young changemakers and adult allies from East Africa, individuals that are driven to make a positive change, from across all sectors (civil society, media, corporate, government and more). The aim of the summit is to build a cross-sectoral network of changemakers that work together to address the societal issues they see being most present in a collaborative manner.
The Ashoka Changemaker exchange co-created with and supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung, is a global collaboration platform for young social innovators. The Kenya summit from April 1st to April 5 2017 brings together 25 of the top young changemakers, intrapreneurs and adult allies from East Africa, individuals that are driven to make a positive change, from across all sectors, including social entrepreneurs, civil society, education, national and local government, media and the corporate world. Participants will be given the chance to create cross-sector / cross-border collaborations.
The summit is open to applicants, aged between 18 and 35 from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia, DRC, Somalia, Southern Sudan or Rwanda, who lead their own social venture or initiative or do work within an institution (e.g. the media, a company etc.) that addresses a relevant social problem.
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- must be between 18-35 years old
- should lead, co-lead, have initiated, founded or co-founded their own social venture or initiative which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem within an instution or outside (both changemakers that run initiatives by themselves as well as those that run it within an organization, company, government, the media or elsewhere are invited to apply).
- need to make a positive difference either via their own social venture or within their sector (corporate, media, government etc.)
- Speak English well enough to fully participate in the summit
- should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role in this community.
- come from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia, DRC, Somalia, Southern Sudan or Rwanda
Logistics and Costs:
- ChangemakerXchange covers 100% of travel costs and conference costs for all 4 nights and 5 days (incl. hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees and more).
Please note: You may want to draft your application in a Word file before filling out the form as it does unfortunately not allow you to save your progress.
For More Information: