Application Deadline: 5 p.m. EST on October 28, 2015.
Co-Creating a Healthier World is a global challenge providing a collaborative opportunity for social entrepreneurs and Boehringer Ingelheim employees to co-create win-win proposals that improve access to healthcare.
Making More Health: Co-Creating a Healthier World is an opportunity for social entrepreneurs to spark the next generation of sustainable health solutions through collaboration with the business sector. This global challenge seeks social innovations that have a person-centered (rather than product-centered) approach to health and the potential to scale up through a partnership with Boehringer Ingelheim, a global healthcare company.
Making More Health: Co-Creating a Healthier World is open to the global public, including individuals and organizations (charitable organizations, public or private entities).
Making More Health: Co-Creating a Healthier World seek social innovations that have a person-centered (rather than product-centered) approach to health and the potential to scale up through a partnership with Boehringer Ingelheim. The Challenge is looking for innovations focused on these main areas:
● Improving the affordability of healthcare (e.g., microinsurance, reducing the economic cost of care);
● Remote care solutions for health management, treatment, and diagnosis;
● Increasing physical access to healthcare;
● Holistic solutions that work across the entire care continuum (including education, prevention, detection, treatment, management, follow-up);
● Models that engage other industry players (e.g., nutrition, athletic, mobility organizations).
- Winning proposals will receive cash prizes totalling $50,000 USD and all Finalists will be invited to pitch for additional investment and implementation support from Boehringer Ingelheim.
All entrants receive:
- Thoughtful feedback from the Ashoka Changemakers screening committee, as well as like-minded peers through the Ashoka Changemakers Feedback and Review process
- Access to Making More Health network activities and virtual events.
All of the above, plus:
- Participation on the global MMH Network, with access to a closed MMH Co-Creation online group.
- Match-making opportunities to initiate Co-Creation conversations with Boehringer Ingelheim employees and other experts within the Making More Health network.
All of the above, plus:
- All Finalists will receive a travel bursary to attend the Making More Health Summit – Spring 2016, to be held in Ingelheim, Germany, where they will pitch their ideas to Boehringer Ingelheim.
- At the 2-day Summit, the opportunity to work with Ashoka staff and Boehringer Ingelheim employees to refine their project proposals and pitches.
- Finalists will be featured through Ashoka Changemakers media activities.
All of the above, plus:
- Cash prizes will total $50,000. One Grand Prize winning entry will receive a cash prize of $20,000. A second winner will receive $10,000, and a third winner will receive $5,000. A further $15,000 is available for special prize categories to finalists and winners
- Mentorship from the Making More Health network
- Invitation to pitch for additional investment and implementation support from Boehringer Ingelheim.
Additionally, two Early Entry Prize Winners receive:
- Two Early Entry Prize winners will each receive $1000, for their top entries submitted before the early entry deadline on October 14.
- Expert virtual consultation session with Boehringer Ingelheim and Ashoka Staff.
Phase 1 – Initial Entry and Semi-Finalist Selection
- Challenge opens for entries: September 16, 2015
- Early Entry Prize deadline: October 14, 2015
- Early Entry Prize Winners announced: October 21, 2015
- Final Entry deadline: October 28, 2015
- Semi-Finalists announced: November 11, 2015
Phase 2 – Co-Creation Ideas and Teams Convene
- Co-Creation Ideas Entry Phase Opens: November 11, 2015
- Deadline to form a Co-Creation Team with at least one Boehringer Ingelheim employee, and to submit a Co-Creation Idea Entry Form: December 16, 2015
- A panel of Ashoka reviewers will select the top Co-Creation Ideas to advance to the final round of judging.
- Co-Creation Entry Proposals Due: December 16, 2015
Phase 3 – Co-Creation Proposals and Winners Selection
- Finalist Co-Creation Teams announced: January 13, 2016
- Co-Creation Teams participate in structured support program January-April 2016
- Winners Announcement and Making More Health Summit: Spring, 2016
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Ashoka/Boehringer Ingelheim Co-Creating a Healthier World Global Challenge
[…] 2011, Ashoka – one of the world’s largest networks of social entrepreneurs and Boehringer Ingelheim – a family-owned world leading and research-driven Pharmaceutical company, have collaborated to […]