Application Deadline: November 1, 2015
Ashoka’s Youth Venture is pleased to partner with the University of Connecticut and its « Study of the U.S Institute » (SUSI Program 2015) to support the Student Leaders from North and Sub-Saharan Africa to be Social Entrepreneurs.
After 5 weeks of intense learning in the U.S. the African students are ready to launch their own social ventures to support the development of their communities. Youth Venture will assist SUSI participants in this process.
The students already have identified social challenges that they want to address in their communities, they have strong passions and talents to be changemakers.
- The challenge is open to all individuals, organizations, and partnerships, including non-profit, for-profit, and public organizations.
- Entries may should be specific and well-planned, whether they are new ideas or established strategies with proven impact.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- After 5 weeks of intense learning in the U.S. the African students are ready to launch their own social ventures to support the development of their communities. Youth Venture will assist SUSI participants in this process.
- Submit a complete version of your Action Plan and receive seed funding to implement your idea.
Winners of the challenge will be those that have submitted a written description of a project, invention, solution and/or initiative which, in the opinion of the judges of the challenge, best meets all of the following criteria:
- Social Impact
Entry Deadline : November 1, 2015
Virtual Panels : December 18, 2015
Seed Funding Approval : January 15, 2016
All projects funded : February 1, 2016
For More Information: