Application Deadline:18 November 2015 (17:00 EST)
C&A Foundation and Ashoka Changemakers have launched Fabric of Change: Innovating for a Sustainable Apparel Industry, an online challenge that seeks innovations for building a fair and sustainable apparel industry. Winners will receive prizes totaling more than €100,000 to support their solutions.
C&A Foundation and Ashoka Changemakers want your innovations for transforming the fashion industry. The Solutions should be systems-changing ideas including (but not limited to) those that:
- Address workers’ rights, working and living conditions, and the livelihoods of farmers supplying the fashion industry;
- Advance environmentally responsible materials, production methods, and supply chain processes;
- Incentivize collaboration between brands, manufacturers, supply chain partners, and governments;
- Promote transparency and mutual accountability between stakeholders;
- Empower consumers to drive change;
- Adapt models from other sectors to solve key problems in the apparel value chain.
- The Fabric of Change challenge is open to all individuals, organizations, partnerships, not-for-profits, for-profits, and charities from any country. C&A and C&A Foundation employees are not eligible to enter the challenge.
- Entries will be accepted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French. If language is a barrier, please contact Isabela Carvalho at email@example.com.
- More than €100,000 in total prizes will be awarded to the winners to test, refine, or scale their solutions. They will join a network of social entrepreneurs, experts, and leaders committed to innovating for a more sustainable fashion industry.
- All challenge finalists will receive a travel stipend to attend the Fabric of Change Summit to be held in the Spring of 2016.
- One Grand Prize winner will receive €50,000. Two additional winners will each receive €20,000
- Two Early Entry Prizes of €1,000 each will be selected from the entries received by the Early Entry deadline, 21 October 2015
- Three Young Innovator Prizes will be awarded to social innovators under the age of 24. Details to be announced shortly
- All Finalists (approximately 10 – 12 individuals representing each Finalist entry) will receive a travel stipend to attend the Fabric of Change Summit
Youth Changemaker Prizes:
Two Youth Changemaker Prizes will be awarded to the most innovative ideas to create a sustainable apparel industry.
- Winners will be invited to attend and participate in the Change Summit to be held in Spring 2016. Each will receive a stipend to cover the cost of travel. Entrants must be between the ages of 18 – 24 as of November 18, 2015.
- Winners who are minors in their country of residence as of April 2016, will be required to obtain written parental permission to attend the Summit.
- Selection of winners will be made by Ashoka staff and be evaluated based upon the criteria for the challenge of Innovation, and potential for social Impact.
- Idea stage entries are encouraged.
- Winners will be notified prior to, but publicly announced at the Summit, in April 2016.
To enter, please fill out the Youth Innovator entry form here.
Youth Blogger Prize:
The Fabric of Change Challenge will award one passionate blogger with a stipend of $1,000, plus a travel stipend to the Fabric of Change Summit, to be held in the spring of 2016 (location TBA).
For More Information: