Application Deadline: 31st of January 2019.
The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.) in Germany offers internship placements and travel stipends for students enrolled in universities and colleges in German-speaking countries. In the coming year (2019), the Association can arrange two internship placements in ecologically oriented agriculture with partner organisations in South America (Mollesnejta, Bolivia) and in West Africa (Agrecol-Afrique, Senegal).
The internship offers students an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge in sustainable agriculture and land management in a developing country. By living and working in another sociocultural environment, students can also gain valuable intercultural experiences.
Students eligible to apply for the internship placement and travel stipend are those who:
- Are enrolled in a university or college in a German-speaking country (including foreign students);
- Have basic knowledge and/or experience in managing organised groups (for small-scale production, processing and marketing of agricultural products);
- Have their own laptop or notebook that they can use during the internship;
- Have basic knowledge about (ecological) agriculture;
- Are interested and sensitive in working with smallholder farmers in different sociocultural contexts;
- Are dynamic, open and committed;
- Show high levels of self-reliance and self-organising capacity
- Have a sufficient command of Spanish (Bolivia)/ French (Senegal) to be able to work in this language (interview will be made by Skype with Agrecol–Andes/Afrique);
- Are under 30 years of age.
The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight between Europe and Bolivia or Senegal.
- The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), should be sent by email as one pdf file to [email protected] and [email protected] (Matthias Görgen).
For More Information: