Application Deadline: April 3, 2017 (PRIORITY) | June 2, 2017 (FINAL)
Start Date: Mid-July 2017 (exact date to be confirmed)
Do you want to impact, inspire and educate in Latin America?
Interested in international development and increasing social mobility?
Are you ready to join a global network of inspired individuals?
The Atlas Corps Teaching Fellowship is an English teaching opportunity for emerging professionals. The opportunities we offer are a collaboration between Atlas Corps and our two partners in Latin America – Heart for Change and Volunteers Colombia, who work with different governmental agencies in Colombia and other countries – from nationwide Ministries of Education and public schools to local vocational training programs.
Through this collaboration, our mission is to facilitate the development of a prosperous Latin America where children and youth have the opportunity to receive a high-quality bilingual education.
Atlas Corps Teaching Fellows learn leadership skills in an international context while advancing English language skills in youth. The benefits of this prestigious fellowship include a living stipend, general and TEFL teacher training, ongoing professional development, and engagement in the global Atlas Corps network of over 500 leaders from 80+ countries!
What You will Do:
- Co-teach in cities across Colombia (big and small!) in public schools through the Ministry of Education
- 25 hours/week instruction
- 15 hours/week planning
ELIGIBILITY (for ALL programs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Clean Background Check
- Age range of applicants is 21 to 50
- English language skills, at native language proficiency or C2 level equivalent.
- Cambridge: C2
- TOEFL: 96+
- IELTS: 7.5+
- We require English level proof for non-native speakers in the form of test results from either Cambridge, IELTS or TOEFL. (We do NOT accept TEFL or CELTA certificates as proof of English level)
- Below are the qualifying scores:
- Spanish language skills, at basic level or higher (we encourage all levels of Spanish to apply)
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- Interest and enthusiasm for serving in an educational environment (we will provide the methodology, you provide the inspiration and energy)
ATLAS CORPS SPECIFIC BENEFITS
Atlas Corps offers concrete professional development opportunities to our English Teaching Fellows, such as:
- A free DevEx professional development account
- Free admission (for most days) for Alumni to our Atlas Corps Scholars program in Washington, D.C.- an intensive nonprofit management training program designed and delivered by Atlas Corps and Deloitte Consulting that allows young professionals to build their skills and global network
- Participation in our professional development webinars.
- Eligibility for special partnerships with graduate programs
* Two-week orientation, including extensive training in pedagogy/TEFL and training on logistics related to living in Latin America (visa, identification, bank accounts, mobile phones, and more)
* Courtesy visa and ID
* Local medical insurance
* Transportation from Orientation to your placement city
* 24/7 support from Regional Coordinators and staff
* Certificate of program completion
* Bonus upon completion of the program
* Atlas Corps specific benefits! More details below.
- ~1,500,000 monthly COP stipend
For More Information: