Application Deadline: December 9, 2022
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi offer a short-term fellowship of three month in France for postdoc researchers from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Eastern Congo (Kivu) who have presented their thesis from 2017.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
- Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
- Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
- Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600€ (paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
- Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
How to Apply
Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2023” and then the specific call « FMSH-IFRA: Afrique de l’Est > France« .
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research application into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in East Africa
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For More Information: