Submission Deadline:January 29 2017 (midnight GMT)
The Bodley Head/Financial Times Essay Prize aims to discover young talent from around the world in long-form essay writing, and has led to many new and exciting opportunities for winners and runners-up.
- The competition is open to anyone between 18-35 years old who would like their work to be read.
The judges are looking for a dynamic, authoritative and lively essay of no more than 3,500 words. It can be journalistic, a case study, wide-ranging or minutely focused. In keeping with the ethos of both sponsors, it can address any topic – from finance and current affairs to history and scientific discovery.
The winner will receive:
- £1,000 and an e-publication with The Bodley Head
- A mentoring session with The Bodley Head and Financial Times
- A subscription to FT.com, and a selection of books from The Bodley Head
Two runners up will win:
- £500 each and an e-publication with The Bodley Head
- A digital subscription to FT Weekend, and a selection of books from The Bodley Head
Complete our application form and upload your essay. Deadline for submissions is January 29 2017 (midnight GMT)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Bodley Head/Financial Times Essay Prize 2016 for Long-form Essay Writing
[…] talents de la rédaction d’essais du monde entier. Maintenant dans sa huitième année, Le concours du prix Bodley Head / FT Essay a été le tremplin pour de nombreux écrivains passionnants. Cette année, notre jury régulier […]
[…] team up to find the best young essay-writing talent from around the world. Now in its eighth year, The Bodley Head/FT Essay Prize competition has been the springboard for many exciting writers. This year our regular judging panel is […]