Application Deadline: June 16th 2017
Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC) derives its name from Singapore’s founding prime minister, who developed the country’s defining business plan bringing the Asian city onto the global stage.
It is this spirit of intelligence, entrepreneurship, innovation and ambition the competition enshrines as it invites the brightest minds from the world’s most entrepreneurial universities to come together to tackle the challenges of the 21’st century.
2017 Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition Theme
This year participants are invited to propose innovative technology/data centric products and services that address the opportunities and challenges a smart city faces in the following areas:
Teams must meet all the following eligibility requirements in order to be selected to compete:
- Student Enrolment:The competition is open to all full time university students (including undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnic students.
- Team Size & Composition:Each team can have at least 2 and up to 5 members, with at least one core member being current university students.Each individual member may be a part of only one team. In the event members are part of more than one team, all such teams will be disqualified.
- Nature of Venture:The competition is for new, independent ventures in the seed, start-up, or early growth stages. Ventures should not exceed more than US$250,000 in gross revenue and have raised not more than US$250,000 in equity funding as at 16th June 2017 (excluding funds invested by founders).
- All submitted materials must be the original work of the participating team.
- Each team is eligible to submit one idea. In the event of multiple submissions by a team, the last submission made by the team will be considered for evaluation.
- All business plans and presentations are to be written in English.
- All timings indicated are in the Singapore time zone (+0800 GMT).
- Innovativeness of Business Idea
- Commercial Feasibility
- Impact of Idea – Market, Societal Impact & Sustainability
- Capability to Execute
Teams will participate in intensive startup workshops, attend events featuring prominent entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in Asia, have direct access to acclaimed mentors and visit key innovation hotspots in Singapore.
All expenses paid: Return flights, accommodation, meals & transport.
Interested teams please apply via this link The submission package will include:
- One page executive summary (not more than 500 words, in pdf)
- Powerpoint presentation (no more than 20 slides, in pdf)
- Video presentation (no longer than 5 minutes, mp4 is preferred, resolution no greater than 360 pixel)
The Semi-Finals will take place on 14th Sept 2017.
- Teams will draw lots to determine the order of presentation.
- Each team will be given a total of 20 minutes (including time for Q&A from the judges).
The 4 category winners will compete to become the grand winner in the final presentation on 15th Sept 2017.
Each team will be given a total of 20 minutes (including time for Q&A from the judges).
||Friday, 16th June 2017 APPLY NOW
|Announcement of Finalists
||Friday, 14th July 2017
|Acceleration Programme for Finalists
||Monday, 11th September – Friday, 15th September 2017
|Finals (Awards presentation and after party)
||Friday, 15th September 2017
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition 2017