Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST October 3rd, 2015.
November 16-17, 2015IFC Auditorium, Washington, DC
The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015 invites young people from around the world to use their knowledge and creativity to crowdsource solutions for climate change that contribute to growth and development in developing and emerging countries.
This year the World Bank Group Youth Summit will focus on the following topic: If Not Us Then Who: Crowd-Sourcing Solutions for Climate Change. The event will gather exceptional future leaders to tell the story of climate change and inspire communities everywhere to take action.
The aim of the Youth Summit is to provide a platform for young people to act as change makers and help solve one of the world’s most complex challenges. The Youth Summit 2015 will feature a live competition in which selected young professionals will present their final competition proposals in front of a jury.
The competition will crowd-source: “Innovative ideas on how to mainstream climate change and achieve development needs in a specific World Bank Group client country.”
Participants must submit proposals that provide business or policy level ideas or a combination of both on how to tackle climate change impacts and achieve development needs in a specific country.
- The competition is open to individuals and teams of up to 5 people. Participates must be between the ages of 18 to 35 at the time of submission.
Completed proposals must be submitted through the Youth Summit email account youth[email protected] with the subject line “WBG Youth Summit 2015 Climate Chnage Solutions Competition entry. All submissions must be received by 11:59PM EST on October 3rd, 2015. Each team or individual may only submit one proposal.
In order for your proposal to qualify it must:
- Be between 2,000 – 3,000 words in length
- Submitted in English
- Submitted as one PDF, less than 10 MB
- Include a filled out Youth Summit Title Sheet. Template available here
Selection and Judging:
- Qualifying proposals will be submitted to an evaluation committee for further review and competition finalists will be notified mid-October via email.
- Further, finalists will be invited to present their proposals in a live competition in front of an audience and a jury of field experts.
- The jury will select the winning proposal which will be announced at the closing ceremony along with a People’s Choice Winner determined by the audience.
- Prizes for the winning teams will vary based on how their proposal placed in the live competition.
For More Information: