Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST October 3rd, 2015.
November 16-17, 2015IFC Auditorium, Washington, DC
The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015 invites young people from around the world to use their knowledge and creativity to crowdsource solutions for climate change that contribute to growth and development in developing and emerging countries.
This year the World Bank Group Youth Summit will focus on the following topic: If Not Us Then Who: Crowd-Sourcing Solutions for Climate Change. The event will gather exceptional future leaders to tell the story of climate change and inspire communities everywhere to take action.
The aim of the Youth Summit is to provide a platform for young people to act as change makers and help solve one of the world’s most complex challenges. The Youth Summit 2015 will feature a live competition in which selected young professionals will present their final competition proposals in front of a jury.
The competition will crowd-source: “Innovative ideas on how to mainstream climate change and achieve development needs in a specific World Bank Group client country.”
Participants must submit proposals that provide business or policy level ideas or a combination of both on how to tackle climate change impacts and achieve development needs in a specific country.
- The competition is open to individuals and teams of up to 5 people. Participates must be between the ages of 18 to 35 at the time of submission.
Completed proposals must be submitted through the Youth Summit email account [email protected] with the subject line « WBG Youth Summit 2015 Climate Chnage Solutions Competition entry. All submissions must be received by 11:59PM EST on October 3rd, 2015. Each team or individual may only submit one proposal.
In order for your proposal to qualify it must:
- Be between 2,000 – 3,000 words in length
- Submitted in English
- Submitted as one PDF, less than 10 MB
- Include a filled out Youth Summit Title Sheet. Template available here
Selection and Judging:
- Qualifying proposals will be submitted to an evaluation committee for further review and competition finalists will be notified mid-October via email.
- Further, finalists will be invited to present their proposals in a live competition in front of an audience and a jury of field experts.
- The jury will select the winning proposal which will be announced at the closing ceremony along with a People’s Choice Winner determined by the audience.
- Prizes for the winning teams will vary based on how their proposal placed in the live competition.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015 Competition
Can Pakistani team participate in this competition?
@Ahmed: You can apply.
It’s a good opportunity for african youth to present projects concerning the solving of their own situation and how to make it worthful as well. All the best and good luck to all.
From the Democratic Republic of Congo
When will be the next competition so that refugees can also participate,come out with innovative solutions to fight climate change?
We with the use of biogas and biomas using the annimal dunk,plant residues,human excrement)organic materials in an air chamber to create electricity for both home cooking and Light
PALUKU KAPITENI Coordinator for refugees
Kindly accept my proposal and budget for possible funding
27775 MGIDLANA STREET
CELL : 0797054489