Application Deadline:March 12, 2021
Every year, Technovation invites teams of young people from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
Technovation Girls students create solutions to community problems using technology.
As a student you will:
- Identify a problem that matters to your community
- Learn to code an app that solves the problem, and develop other skills along the way!
- Collaborate with peers and learn from industry mentors
Technovation Girls mentors guide the next generation of global problem-solvers.
As a mentor you will:
- Support one or more teams on their learning journey
- Develop skills while aspiring girls to lead and make change
- Network and share best practices with peers from Salesforce, Google, Cisco, Adobe, HSBC, GM, AT&T, & more
ny girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to participate. We welcome all transgender people and also those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming and want to be part of a female-identified environment, including student participants.
To join our competition, a girl must create or join a team on our online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form and meet the following Student Participation criteria:
- All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2021.
- All students must identify as female, trans, nonbinary or gender nonconforming. Students who are assigned male at birth and self-identify as male cannot enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team. There is no limit on the number of mentors per team.
- Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
Official Season Launch: January 11, 2021
We recommend starting in January at the latest so you will have a full 12 weeks to work on your project. Submissions open today.
Registration Deadline (Students and Mentors): March 12, 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
The last day to formally register a team.
Please note: we recommend starting your project in January, not March.
Submission Deadline: April 19, 2021 at 23:59 UTC
World Summit: August 2021
For More Informaiton: