Application Deadline: 4 December 2016,
The United Nations University Vice Rectorate in Europe (UNU-ViE), as the only Vice Rectorate outside of Japan, supports the worldwide institutional development of UN University, particularly in Europe and Africa. UNU-ViE facilitates collaboration across the UN University and the United Nations, and shares knowledge and expertise through the development of joint programmes. Additionally, UNU-ViE promotes cooperation with the United Nations agencies in Bonn, as well as with other local and regional stakeholders. It aims to make UN University generated knowledge on peace, development and sustainability well acknowledged, recognized and used.
• Provide administrative support, e.g. assist in the drafting of high-level correspondence, agendas,
• Assist in the organization of the Vice-Rector’s missions and meetings;
• Proof-reading and copy-editing activities;
• Assist in the organization of international events;
• Support the Vice Rectorate’s strategic planning and institutional development related activities;
• Other duties as required.
The involvement in this project offers the possibility of engaging in an interesting field of work in an international environment.
Profile and Qualifications:
• Field of Study: International Relations, International Development, International Law, Translation, Political Science, or related field;
• Excellent command of English, other languages, such as German, will be considered an asset;
• Ability to work productively and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Computer software skills (e.g. MS Office).
The successful candidate will be based at UNU-ViE in Bonn on a full-time basis for a contractual period of 3 months. The internship is not remunerated. Next to a set of interesting and unique tasks, we offer you insights into the structure and functioning of the United Nations University. Your internship at the Vice Rectorate in Europe gives you the opportunity to collect work experience in a multi-cultural work environment.
As soon as possible.
By email to: [email protected]
4 December 2016, 23.59 o’clock
STAGE 1 (Application Submission)
Interested applicants should submit their application by e-mail and must include the following:
• Curriculum Vitae in English;
• Cover letter in English:
outlining your motivations, possible contributions to the programme and future career goals;
• Completed UNU-ViE application form (downloadable at: http://ehs.unu.edu/about/internship/international-internship-programme.html#files);
• Two letters of recommendation.
STAGE 2 (Interviews)
If your background matches the needs of the section, you will be shortlisted for the position. Shortlisted candidates will receive an email notification from UNU-ViE to schedule a date and time for the interview, which will be conducted via Skype. Interviews will take place in the week between 5 and 9 December 2016.
STAGE 3 (Acceptance)
After interviews have been conducted, all those candidates who were interviewed will receive an email notification regarding their application status. Successful candidates will be offered an internship position and contract for the duration of 3 to 6 months.
For more information about UNU-ViE, please visit the website http://ehs.unu.edu/vice-rectorate
For More Information: