Application Deadline: 6pm on 26 January 2018.
Applications for the 2018 New International Voices residency programme are now being accepted
The British Council, LIFT and Battersea Arts Centre have an opportunity for two West African artists currently living and working in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal or Sierra Leone to join the New International Voices residency programme in London from 11-24 June, part of LIFT 2018.
The programme, created by LIFT and BAC will support a new generation of international artists who are in the early stages of their professional practice. Applicants must be aged between 18-35 (by 31 December 2018) working in theatre, dance, live art, spoken word and performance.
Based at Battersea Arts Centre, the residency is a chance for individual West African artists to test out new ideas, to challenge the way they work, and create new international networks. Through a communal living environment, artists will have opportunities to share, reflect and develop practice with peers. They will also be part of an exciting LIFT festival programme and can attend a number of the performances.
- A national of any West Africa country living and working in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal or Sierra Leone (unfortunately we cannot accept applications from companies or collectives)
- Between the ages of 18-35 by 31 December 2018
- A strong working methodology
- Experience in creating devised performance
- Experience of sharing work in progress
- A willingness to share their practice and experience with the project film-maker
- An ongoing practice of investigation and collaboration
- The benefit that might be derived from being involved in this project
- A strong project idea that you would like to explore during the residency
– The chance to connect and network with International performance-makers
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a CV, a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 expressing why you wish to participate in the project and a scanned copy of your international passport by the 26th January 2018.
- The CV and covering letter should demonstrate a strong working methodology and articulate the benefits that might be derived from undertaking the residency.
- If possible please include a maximum of 3 video links to your work.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, copying in LIFT on firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: