Application Deadline: 5 July.2021
The Future Leaders Connect Programme aims to provide future leaders with skills and international networks which will improve their ability to make or influence policy changes, leading to long-term impact on the social and economic development in their countries and beyond.
Becoming a member of the British Council’s Future Leaders Connect programme means you will be part of an exclusive group of exceptional individuals from around the world who are recognised as the next generation of leaders.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria; (otherwise your application cannot be accepted)
- Living in one of our participating countries (Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine, UK (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
- Aged between 25 and 35 (at the start of the programme)
- Able to speak and understand English (no official qualification is required, but you must be able to speak English to IELTS level 7 or equivalent).
British Council is looking for exceptional individuals with the ideas, energy and commitment to work collaboratively with all members of Future Leaders Connect and senior leaders. The programme aims to be representative of the countries in which it operates, and we encourage applications from all sections of society.
- You should be able to explain how you want to make change in your country and beyond through policymaking
- You should have a good knowledge about policy and how policymaking happens in your country
- You should be willing to engage with the British Council and the Future Leaders Connect network in the long-term
- You are likely to be in your early to mid-career and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership ability
- You should have strong networks and be committed to supporting the development of the country you are living in through policy change.
Approximately 50 participants will join a digital training programme for six weeks from 11 October to 19 November 2021.The programme will consist of self guided study, team work and live online sessions. Participants will commit to spending an average of 10 hours per week. The launch of the programme will take place on Monday 11 October and live sessions will be scheduled weekly on a Tuesday and Wednesday at 09.00 – 10.30 GMT.
Entry to the programme is free of charge. The programme is run by the British Council, 1 Redman Place E20 1JQ, United Kingdom.
How to Apply:
The programme will be promoted through the Future Leaders Connect website and the websites and social media of the British Council offices overseas and other parties. To apply, participants must access the application through the application link on the Future Leaders Connect website. Applicants will be guided to the Guidant Global site and should follow these steps in the Chatbot:
1. Provide your contact details
2. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions, Consent and Privacy notice
3. Complete the self-reflection questions on global policy issues and leadership
4. Answer equality, diversity and inclusion questions (this is not compulsory)
5. Answer the eligibility questions
6. Successful applicants will be sent the application questions.
7. Answer the application questions on policy and leadership
8. Answer the professional and academic background questions
9. Submit the application form
Participants are responsible for ensuring they complete the form fully and correctly. Once submitted, there is no option to change or edit the entry.
Proof of identity and references may be required if you get through to the final selection stage.
For More Information: