Application Deadline: April 12 2015
“Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism”
Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
8th EGEP: July 12 to 26 July 2015
9th EGEP: January 5 to January 19, 2016
EGEP is a two-week residential educational program that takes place twice a year (summer and winter) offered by Ewha Womans University. According the MOU between Ewha Womans University and UN Women, this program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa by empowering women working in non-governmental public sectors and by nourishing the next generation of women leaders.
On completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their feminist leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
Number of Participants: 20~25 for every term of EGEP
While a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
- Lecture Seminars
- Open Forum for the 8th EGEP / Workshop for the 9th EGEP
- Action Plans
- Social Hours
- Group Talk
- Study Tours to Korean NGOs
- With minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
These requirements are only for those who have been notified as selected EGEP participants.
- 5-page paper
English is the official language of the EGEP.
- Ewha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants.
- Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
- Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail by May 15, 2015.
For More Information: