Application Deadline: 20th March 2016
Benefits: The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates. Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide wholesome postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Young,qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at ANY of the following four PAU institutes listed below. Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT),Kenya
Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences-including Healthand Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI),Nigeria.
Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II, and the University of Buea, Cameroon
Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences– including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
- Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
-Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
– Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school), national I.D. card and passport personal details page;
– Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
– Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
* Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
*Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s
official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, national I.D. card and passport personal details page;
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants
Reasons to join PAU
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments
- Applications should be completed online at www.pau-au.org/apply
- Application forms can be downloaded at the following address : www.pau-au.org/call
- Closing date for receipt of applications with all supporting documents is 20th March 2016
- Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
- Hard copies of completed application forms should be sent by courier to the relevant institute addresses below:
The Director, PAU Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and
P.O. Box 62000 00200
The Director, PAU Institute for Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture)
University of Ibadan Nigeria
The Director, PAU Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social
University of Yaounde II, Soa
The Director, PAU Institute for Water and Energy
(including climate change)
c/o Abou Bekr Belkaid University of Tlemcen
B.P. 119, 13000
For More Information: