Application Deadline: 12th November 2015.
ToT Location: Cape Town, South Africa – Venue (to be confirmed)
ToT Dates: November 23
Number of participants: 15 individuals
SEED with the generous support of the Government of Flanders is pleased to invite nominations for the BDS+ Training of Trainers (ToT) programme on Social & Environmental Enterprise Development.
The Training of Trainers is supported by The Government of Flanders, which is active in Malawi, Mozambique and South Africa. It works not only with the local authorities, but also with indirect actors such as NGOs, research institutes and international organizations. In South Africa, the focus is on job creation through Small Enterprise Development, and improving food security through smallholder farming.
SEED is a global partnership for action on sustainable development and the green economy. Founded by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) at the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg, SEED supports innovative small scale and locally driven
enterprises around the globe which integrate social and environmental benefits into their business model.
The ToT will offer the following benefits to its participants:
- Overview of successful social and environmental enterprise business models;
- Introduction to highly relevant state-of-the-art business support topics;
- Access to hands-on tools for the support of social and environmental enterprises;
- Case-study driven insights on business strategy & development;
- Peer-to-peer networking with experienced business development service providers;
- Opportunity to improve personal training and facilitation skills;
- Methodology insights in how to run participant oriented coaching and mentoring programmes.
This ToT is for individuals who work at the interface of politics, business and civil society, and support business or entrepreneurial solutions for social and environmental challenges. SEED strive to have a diversified group of participants balancing gender and organisational representation.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have:
- basic experience or a strong interest in working with start-up social and environmental enterprises in South Africa;
- basic experience or a strong interest in providing business management oriented capacity building, including business planning and business management trainings;
- have a degree in a relevant academic or business related field;
- basic experience or a strong interest in facilitating interactive and participatory workshops;
- basic experience or a strong interest in working on the triple bottom line;
- the capacity to communicate and provide capacity building in English to SMMEs.Please note: Given the number of participant slots (15) we will be only able to accept 1-2 candidates per organisation. However, there may be exceptions depending on the range of applicants who meet the criteria for participation. If you are an independent consultant, please submit a letter of endorsement from a third party.
The ToT will encourage effective learning with a participant-led and hands-on methodology. It will focus on participants sharing their own experiences, guided by the introduction of new conceptual approaches, tools and case studies. It will be geared by short inputs, case studies, practical exercises and group work. The materials are based on proven methods, which were developed in the framework of the SEED support 2009-2015.
The SEED South Africa – Western Cape ToT call for nominations will be open from 28 October – 12 November 2015. Nominations received after this date will not be considered. Nominations may be submitted directly by the applicant, by a partner organisation, or by any third party that is familiar with the applicant.
In order to complete a nomination, please submit a detailed CV and a short letter of motivation via email to [email protected]. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us by email or phone cell: +27 72 8784081. Submissions will be accepted up till 12th November 2015. Successful applicants will be notified after 16th November 2015.
- There are no participation fees for this ToT programme. Transportation and accommodation is not included and must be arranged individually. However, SEED offer a limited number of scholarships to subsidize participation and accommodation costs.
For More Information: