Application Deadline: Midnight 20 April 2015,
Script Junction is a new screenwriting programme to connect UK and Nigerian writers.
The programme has been designed by British Council in collaboration with the UK National Film & TV School (NFTS), the Nigerian Film Institute (NFI), the Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF) and the Africa International Film Festival (AFRIFF).
The project aims to bring together, inspire and motivate a cohort of contemporary screenwriters to explore, develop and create screenplays through a range of high quality workshops, mentoring and development programme delivered by top industry professionals. Visiting industry guests will also speak to the participants.
The project will explore UK/ Nigerian film trends, cinematic identity and the current marketplace, through structured co-tutoring with screenwriting tutors from both film schools and visiting industry guests.
Who can apply?
- The programme is designed for writers who are early in their professional careers (not for student level writers) who have already written at least one feature-length film script.
- This call is to identify six Nigerian writers to participate in the project. Scripts can be of any genre and do not need any specific Nigerian or UK ties.
- The programme will run from June to November 2016, with two workshops.
- The selected writers will attend a five-day workshop in June during the Edinburgh International Film Festival and a second five-day workshop at the African International Film Festival in Calabar, Nigeria in November 2015. At AFRIFF, participants will also pitch their projects to an industry panel.
- Flights (including visas), accommodation and meals will be provided to participants.
How to apply
To apply, writers will need to submit:
- 1 past feature-length film script as a writing sample (60-120 pages)
- Short treatment/proposal of new film idea that will be written during Script Junction (up to 1000 words)
- 1 covering letter (up to 400 words) explaining why you would like to be part of the programme.
- Please include your full name, phone number and email address.
Applications need to be submitted, in one attachment, via email by Midnight 20 April 2015, to [email protected]
For More Information: