Deadline Submission: April 30, 2015.
Sponsor: The workshop is sponsored by Nigerian Breweries Plc.
When: June 16 – June 25 2015
Farafina Trust will be holding a creative writing workshop in Lagos, organized by award-winning writer and creative director of Farafina Trust, Chimamanda Adichie, from June 16 to June 26, 2015. Guest writers who will co-teach the workshop alongside Adichie are the Caine Prize Winning Kenyan writer Binyavanga Wainaina, National Librarian of Norway Aslak Sira Myhre, and others.
- The workshop will take the form of a class. Participants will be assigned a wide range of reading exercises, as well as daily writing exercises.
- The aim of the workshop is to improve the craft of Nigerian writers and to encourage published and unpublished writers by bringing different perspectives to the art of storytelling.
- Participation is limited only to those who apply and are accepted.
How to Apply:
- To apply, send an e-mail to [email protected]. Your e-mail subject should read ‘Workshop Application.’ The body of the e-mail should contain the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- A few sentences about yourself
- A writing sample of between 200 and 800 words. The sample must be either fiction or non-fiction.
- All material must be pasted or written in the body of the e-mail. Please DO NOT include any attachments in your e-mail. Applications with attachments will be automatically disqualified.
- Only those accepted to the workshop will be notified by June 2, 2015.
- Accommodation in Lagos will be provided for all accepted applicants who are able to attend for the ten-day duration of the workshop.
- A literary evening of readings, open to the public, will be held at the end of the workshop.
For More Information: