Application Deadline: 28 FEBRUARY 2014
The CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars from developing countries (other than China) an opportunity to pursue PhD degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
According to a new agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and TWAS, the academy of sciences for the developing world, up to 140 students per year from the developing world will be sponsored to travel to China for up to four years’ of PhD study and research.
Under the terms of the new CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar). Visa fee will also be covered (once only per student/scholar).
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2014;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Be a citizen of a developing country other than China;
- Not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in China or in any developed country;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
Applicants for PhD study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC (http://english.ucas.ac.cn/Admissions/Pages/Article.aspx?ID=78 orhttp://en.ustc.edu.cn/admissions/international_students/).
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: September, 2014.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
For More Information: