Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for six month general studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students.
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
|Program||Field||Program length||Teaching language|
|Clinical Medicine( Stomatology)||Medicine and health||February 17, 2020- July 15, 2020August 31, 2020- February 28, 2021||Chinese/English|
|Clinical Medicine(Surgery)||Medicine and health||February 17, 2020- July 15, 2020August 31, 2020- February 28, 2021||Chinese/English|
|Globe Health||Medicine and health||February 17, 2020- July 15, 2020August 31, 2020- February 28, 2021||Chinese/English|
Eligibility of Applicants:
1. Full time applicants of African countries’ nationalities and in good health.
2. Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. For those who could not offer the above mentioned standard English test results, additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University will be required to participate in.
Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
3. This program also support the students who had been studied or are studying in China.
4. Applicants did not receive any other types of scholarship.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Tuition waiver;
2. Accommodation(700RMB/per month);
3 .Living allowance: ( 3000RMB/per month);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
Procedure of Application
1. Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by China-Africa Friendship under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
2. Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and required application documents listed below:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
2. Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
3. Notarized degree certificate and transcripts. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
5. One recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
6. Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration (personal information page).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
8. Valid English level certificate is required if applying for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
9. Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
10. Performance certificate from the China’s universities if the applicants had been or are studying in China.
Before November 20, 2019 (study period: February 17, 2020- August 17, 2020)
Before April 30, 2020 (study period: July 15, 2020- February 28, 2021)
1. The admitted students must apply X visa (X1 or X2) to enter China. University will not register the students who come with other types of visa. The Scholarship will not be reserved if the recipient cannot arrive campus before the registration deadline (The registration time will be notified on your admission notice).
2. The Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the scholarship.
Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072; Post code:430072
Tel: 0086-27-68753912 Fax: 0086-27-87863154
Email: [email protected]