Application Deadline: May 1st 2014
OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline.
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a collective channel of aid to the developing countries.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
All materials including the on-line application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than May 1, 2014.
- The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution.
- Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
- A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
For More Information: