Application Deadline: June 15 2014
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
Organized by The Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO ,Endorsed by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation , Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc. and Supported by FELISSIMO CORPORATION
THEME: “My Role as a Citizen of Earth”
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2014) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German; or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, typed or printed
Essays must have a cover page indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth)
(2) essay title
(3) your name
(5) phone number
(8) age as of June 15, 2014
(9) gender (10) school name (if applicable)
(11) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
|1st Prize:||Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$950 as of January 2014)||… 1 entrant|
|2nd Prize:||Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$475 as of January 2014)||… 2 entrants|
|3rd Prize:||Certificate and gift||… 5 entrants|
|Honorable Mention:||Certificate and gift||… 25 entrants|
1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan scheduled for December 2014. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizers.)
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced in November 2014 on the Goi Peace Foundation web site (www.goipeace.or.jp) and UNESCO web site (www.unesco.org/youth). Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in November 2014.
Send Entries to:
International Essay Contest
c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093 Japan
OR send online through www.goipeace.or.jp
For More Information: