Application Deadline: May 23, 2017.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators at a pivotal time in their careers. Each scholar will become part of a global network of leading researchers pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world today. They will have the opportunity to be mentored by a senior researcher, to network within a community of top-tier research leaders, and to form new collaborations with colleagues from diverse disciplines. Training in leadership and communication will position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
• $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
• A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training
Applications are submitted online through CIFAR’s application system and must include three letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member or equivalent and preferably one non-academic leader.
The application will require you to answer questions about:
• Your research and how it complements the CIFAR program you would like to join
• Ideas for collaboration with fellows in the program
• Your leadership experience to date
• Your engagement with non-academic communities or interest in such engagement
For More Information: