Application Deadline: 2nd February 2018 by 4.00 pm Tunis Time
Youth leadership occurs when young people, by giving of themselves – their energy, gifts, and beliefs – inspire and propel others to action for the common good. The CSF South (EU funded) with this Call for Applications intends to mobilise youth leaderships from the Southern Neighbourhood to work with them and their network of CSOs towards a vision of social justice, create a safe platform for them to share their experiences in building resilience to violent extremism in their communities.
While this Fellowship programme builds on the expertise and experience made during the first two batches of fellowship programmes of 2016 and 2017, the 2018 programme and subject of this Call will be working with Fellows 2018 on the Youth Action Agenda, a direction of priorities and actions to be led by the youth and their network of youth and CSOs in the region. Such an Agenda shall introduce doable solutions and articulate youth views and recommendations to national and regional concerns within the ENPI, e.g. related to resilience, migration, employability and violent extremism.
Due to the evolving development in the region, the 2018 programme will give some focus on the role of youth and CSOs to countering and building resilience to violent extremism in their communities and how those local best practices can form a common agenda at the regional level too. Moreover, the Fellows will be further introduced to essential skills and knowledge building on these clusters: activism and governance, entrepreneurship and innovation, youth countering and building resilience to violent extremism.
- CSFS will cover these fees: economy class air ticket, full accommodation, and Visa costs, only.
- This programme is targeting 30 young CSO representatives aged 25–35 years old willing to work at regional/international levels to promote youth role in policy making and dialogue.
- Participants will come from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco,Palestine, Tunisia and Syria
- 1 applicant /participant per organization (CSO) who did not participate on previous batches;
- Proposed applicant should be within the age limits of 25-35 years old;
- Proposed applicant has at least 3 years-experience being involved in sectorial policy projects, specifically in actions of advocacy and policy dialogue and related fields to this call;
- Good Command/ Proficiency in English language proficiency in addition to Arabic/French is required.
Required Documents to Apply:
- The Fellows will meet regionally three times between February and June 2018.
- Based on emerging dynamics and demands, online coaching can be provided on between the workshops and Seminars by CS and related subject matter experts and with CSFS Fellows from previous batches.
- Location: activities to be held mostly in the European Neighbourhood South and possibly in Brussels.
- Implementation: This programme will be managed by the CSF South, based in Tunis on behalf of the European Union (DG NEAR), in close collaboration with partner CSOs from the region and EU Delegations.
For More Information: