Application Deadline: March 17th 2019
The Alibaba Group is excited to introduce Class 5 of the eFounders Fellowship, which will be open to founders/co-founders of digital ventures from Botswana, Cameroon, Chad, Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda.
The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to ecommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success.
• The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development).
• An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
Class 5 welcomes entrepreneurs who are:
• Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the ‘new economy’.
• Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit.
• Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision and drive.
• Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
Class 5 enrollment criteria:
• You MUST be a founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
• Your venture MUST be headquartered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Chad, Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda.
• You MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred).
• You MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
• Entrepreneurs below 40 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Hotel accommodation (shared room).
• Daily meal allowance for breakfast (included in the hotel), lunch and dinner.
• Field trip and site visit transportation costs
Not covered (costs you must personally cover):
• Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
• Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room you will be required to cover the full cost yourself).
• Additional food or personal expenses.
For More Information: