Application deadline for all three fellowships: October 19, 2014
The CEU Institute for Advanced Study (CEU IAS) is pleased to invite applications for its fellowships for the academic year 2015/16. CEU IAS fellows spend 6-10 months in Budapest and pursue their own research in the lively intellectual community of the other fellows, the university and the city of Budapest. CEU IAS fellowships are highly competitive with an acceptance rate below 10%.
SENIOR AND JUNIOR CORE FELLOWSHIPS– about 15 awarded each year
HUMANITIES INITIATIVE JUNIOR FELLOWSHIPS– 2 awarded each year
[email protected] IAS FELLOWSHIPS – 2 awarded each year
Eligibility, qualifications, experience:
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
- Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets are encouraged to apply.
- Junior fellows must have a Ph.D. degree issued in 2007 or later. Candidates who obtained their Ph.D. before 2007 are considered “senior” and must apply for a senior fellowship. Candidates with PhDs more recent than 2007 may opt to be considered for a senior fellowship instead of (but not in addition to) a junior fellowship.
- Full time CEU employees and students are not eligible to apply for 6 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must be received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2008 or earlier).
- Part time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 3 years after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2011 or earlier).
- All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship. We have no thematic restrictions (other than expecting proposals in the social sciences and humanities only).
- Recent (past 5 years) fellows of CEU IAS or Collegium Budapest are eligible to apply but will only be considered in exceptional cases.
- Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and the CEU.
- Senior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 2,500 Euros and junior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 1,400 Euros to help support their stay in Budapest.
- In addition, all fellows and their families receive housing at the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse .
- Utilities at the Guesthouse will be charged to the Fellows. Fellows are also responsible for their own travel and health care provisions.
How to apply?
Step 1: Register at this website: https://studentinfo.ceu.hu/acad/ias/register.do
Step 2: After registration, you will receive a password which you must use to fill out the application form and upload the required documents in pdf format here: https://studentinfo.ceu.hu/acad/ias/login.do
You will be required to submit the following the material
- The online application form
- A short description of your research project (max 1,000 words without the references)
- An abstract of a research project (max 150 words)
- A CV including your most important publications (max 2,000 words)
- For junior applicants ONLY: the name and email address of a referee.
For More Information: