Application Deadline:16 March 2018 midnight (Brussels time)
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 2008, young researchers from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to spend a short period (generally 1 to 3 months) at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research there.
Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) to young African researchers from higher education institutions from Sub-Saharan Africa
. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member
universities participating in this programme,
Eligible countries: all African countries except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia (applicants from these countries are eligible under the Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood).
Applicants should be:
• born on or after 1 January 1973
• nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
• current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
• of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status although some universities offer grants for Master’s level students (please see details in the table below). In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities it is possible to use
English as the working language.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2018 edition of the scheme:
• University of Barcelona (Spain)
• Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
• University of Coimbra (Portugal)
• University of Granada (Spain)
• University of Graz (Austria)
• University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
• KU Leuven (Belgium)
• University of Padova (Italy)
• University of Pavia (Italy)
• University of Poitiers (France)
• University of Salamanca (Spain)
• University of Würzburg (Germany)
Online application form: www.coimbra-group.eu/activities/scholarships
Applicants must fill in the on-line application form before 16 March 2018 midnight (Brussels time). Candidates will be able to select one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
For further information please contact Anna Quici via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme 2018