Application Deadline: 6 APRIL 2018
The COINS Grand Challenge is a global competition to uncover innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders with ideas that can improve the built environment.
1. Showcase yourself and your ideas to some of the world’s leading construction companies, private investors and academics.
2. Win valuable prizes that could significantly benefit you and your career.
3. Enjoy travel and networking opportunities to the COINS 2018 Innovation Day.
4. Be a Force for Good – Undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, young entrepreneur or already working in industry, share your ideas to help improve the construction industry and society as a whole.
Last year, 15 finalists represented 6 countries and a wide variety of ideas – Christine Boyle, who won the New & Emerging Technology competition & the Bouygues UK R&D Award, was one. Learn about the other winners and finalists for 2017 here.
To be eligible for entry into the competition:
- The idea must meet all the requirements for submission detailed in the Guidance Notes and the Terms & Conditions.
- The applicant must present a clear case for how their idea will address one of the three challenges.
- Applicants may be of any nationality and citizenship but must be fluent in English.
- The applicant must speak English fluently.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older on 1st September 2017.
- The applicant must be able to attend the Grand Final on Tuesday 5th June 2018.
- The applicant must be able to obtain legal entry to the USA for judging if selected as a finalist.
- The idea must be able to be applied to the construction industry.
- Two £2,500 prizes (equivalent to c. $3400 USD each)
- $6,500 cash prize
- 1 education grant
4-6 week paid internship
6 APR 2018
Entries Submitted by
20 APR 2018
Finalists Notified by