Application Deadline:Friday 4 September 2015 at 17:00 (BST).
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through its newly created Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
The Assistant Communications Officer role sits within the Communications Division and is focused on providing technical and administrative support to the Communications Division.
- This role forms part of the Young Professionals Programme (YPP), so to be considered for this role you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close.
- A strong Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, such as media, communications or journalism.
- At least one year of demonstrable work experience in designing and delivering creative, cutting edge, impactful communication concepts and projects. The experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement or internship positions.
- Strong knowledge of the latest technologies and the ability to leverage them for communications.
- It is highly desirable that the candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Events management.
- Working in a developing country.
- Working in/with Government, intergovernmental or international NGO organisations.
- High personal standards of excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to Commonwealth values.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and solution building abilities.
- Analysis and synthesis skills.
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities.
- Administrative and organisational abilities, including an eye for detail
- Numerically literate.
- Technologically savvy
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team, and in a multi-cultural work environment
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-starter with a can-do attitude
It is the Commonwealth Secretariat’s policy not to employ close relatives of currentmembers of staff.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references.
You will be required to provide details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer and one from your most recent academic institution.
Referees cannot be related to you and should be able to give an assessment of your professional abilities as well as your character. The Secretariat reserves the right to take up all references including the current employers during the selection process.
You will be required to provide supporting information that you meet the requirements of the Young Professionals Programme during the course of the online application process.
You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application on the day of your interview.
Salary on appointment is £28,500 per annum gross. This is subject tothe deduction of internal income tax (currently aligned with UK income tax rates) and UK National Insurance contributions.
- If you wish to be considered for this post, please ensure that you submit your curriculum vitae (no more than two A4 pages) together with a covering letter (no more than one A4 page) setting out your motivation for applying for this role, your experience and skills in relation to the person specification, competencies and other requirements for the post
- Your application should be received no later than Friday 4 September 2015 at 17:00 (BST).
For More Information: