Application Deadline: 17:00 GMT Sunday 29 November 2015.
Position: Assistant Programme Officer – Gender Section
(£28,500 pa + Benefits)
The Commonwealth Secretariat are proud to be supporting youth empowerment through its newly created Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
This Assistant Programme Officer role sits within the Gender Section under the wider Secretary-General’s Office. Responsible for supporting the section’s wide variety of programmatic work, the Assistant Programme Officer will be involved in project management, research and analysis, financial planning, event and workshop coordination, development of technical papers, information and records management and promotion of the Gender Section’s work.
- To be considered for this role you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close.
- You must have a Bachelor degree or higher in the area of gender, women’s empowerment, economic and social development or related humanities or social sciences discipline.
- You have at least one year of demonstrable work experience in a relevant field to gender and development, plus experience in using financial systems (including for requisitions, invoicing and payments) and information management systems.
- Experience working in a developing country, highly multicultural context and in/with Government, intergovernmental or international non-governmental organisations is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates drive and initiative, a motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and solution building abilities.
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities.
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Administrative and organisational abilities, including an eye for detail.
- Numerically literate.
- Technologically savvy
Ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environmentDemonstrates commitment to Commonwealth values
If you are keen to gain excellent experience in of the world’s most high-profile youth development programmes and can thrive in our multi-cultural environment, the commonwealth secretariat is looking forward to hearing from you.
For More Information: