Closing date: 07 November 2014
Internships (Seventeen positions)
The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
The purpose of these Internships is to equip the Interns with knowledge and experience on renewable energy as part of the broader process of dealing with climate change effects in the public and private sector environments.
This programme will also address capacity building in renewable energy (CBRE) with special focus on Biogas. The positions are based in Pretoria.
The programme is a result of the collaboration between CSIR/Gauteng Department of Economic Development and the West Rand District Municipality. All the four local municipalities within the West Rand Municipality (i.e. Merafong, Westonaria, Randfontein and Mogale City) will benefit from the implementation of the programme. Even though up-scaling of the CSIR technology will be in one local municipality within the West Rand District Municipality, assessments and training of graduates will be carried-out in selected wastewater treatment works in all the local municipalities.
- Engage in job-related tasks and assignments, contributing to the CBRE project.
- Participate in technical seminars on waste to energy and in district and/or local municipal workshops on renewable energy and other project-related events and processes.
- Participate in assessment studies and upgrading of the wastewater treatment works for generation of electricity from waste.
- Strengthen job-related skills through skills development courses and working experience.
Qualifications and skills:
- A national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the built environment discipline (i.e. engineering, town and regional planning, architecture, applied mathematics, geography), or allied disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Innovative, creative, problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
For More Information: