Application Deadline: October 30th 2020
The program supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects. Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video. The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic expression.
Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region.
The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: Development and production of theater, dance and other performing arts works.
- Visual arts: Production and organization of visual arts exhibitions, installations, and art books.
- Literature: Creation and publication of novels, shorts stories, poetry collections and theater texts.
- Music: Creation and recording of audio and audiovisual music works.
- Cinema/video: Production of short, medium-length and feature fictional, documentary, animated and
experimental films and videos works.
The cinema/video application form:
As the program evolved, Culture Resource decided it would be better to introduce a separate application form for the cinema/video category, a form more suited to the nature of cinema production, so as to enable applicants in this field to express their visions for their artistic projects more accurately and to furnish more complete material for the jury evaluation process. The cinema/video film section covers the production of short, medium-length and feature-length fictional, documentary, animated and experimental films. Grants in this category may be awarded to projects in their development, production or post-production phases.
The program schedule
The online application form is available on once a year.
- The call for application will open in mid-August 2020.
- The deadline for application is 30 October, 2020 at 16:00 Beirut time.
- The Production Award recipients will be announced in the last week of February 2021.
How to apply
- Please read the application guidelines carefully before completing the application form.
- The application must be completed entirely in Arabic, apart from the blanks that require English.
- Include all necessary supporting documents (see the guidelines) with the application form.
Note: Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements and that do not include all required attachments and supporting documents will be eliminated and not be forwarded to the jury.
For further questions, please contact the Production Awards team: [email protected]
For More Information: