Application Deadline: July 31st 2017
When: 12th – 16th September 2017
DATA4CHAN.GE is a workshop where human rights organizations and the creative sector can collaborate to create data visualizations aimed at elevating public engagement and effective advocacy, which in turn could bring about real positive change. It’s a wonderful and life-changing experience. This year’s DATA4CHAN.GE workshop will be held in partnership with DefendDefenders at Design Hub. During the workshops, interdisciplinary teams consisting of data researchers, coders, UX designers, graphic designers and human rights organizations create data visualizations and devise innovative communication-based campaigns.
- The team is looking for designers, developers, researchers, journalists and data analysts to form creative teams.
- They’ll accept applications from across the globe, but are particularly interested in applications from East Africa-based participants.
- For the creative stream, they prioritize regional applications and ensure a 50/50 split between regional and international applicants.
- So if you’re applying from afar, you’ll have to really impress as competition is always strong.
- Please ensure you are able to attend the full 5-day DATA4CHAN.GE workshop before applying. You will need to arrive in Kampala on September 11 (or before) and will depart no earlier than 17 September.
- If you are currently living in Uganda, you would also be expected to join the other participants staying at the Royal Suites Hotel, as have evening activities planned and also need to ensure that you arrive at the venue on time every day.
- In addition to it being a life-changing experience for all involved, all of your expenses will be covered. From your travel costs to Kampala to your accommodation in the Royal Suites Hotel (it has a really nice pool), transfer you to and from the Design Hub every day, and give you an allowance to cover your in-country expenses. And, best of all, you’ll get to be inducted into the D4C Alumni Network, and hear first about all sorts of exciting opportunities.
For More Information: