Application Deadline: Ongoing
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. The Deloitte Financial Services Advisory (FSA) is an established advisor within the financial services industry. The vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to financial services institutions and corporate treasury operations across Africa. The FSA team comprises a strong mix of business, risk and regulatory practitioners with a technical appreciation for both financial modelling and programming disciplines.
As a graduate, you will join the graduate programme within FSA and will rotate in the various areas.
The FSA graduate programme offers you the opportunity to rotate across three core business areas for a period of 3 years, giving you exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modelling, design and implementation of risk / capital / funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
University Graduate or in their final year of study in: (BCom / BSc / BBSc) or Honours degree, specialising in any of the following relevant fields:/
- Actuarial Science;
- Computer/Data Science/Analytics;
- Engineering (preferably Electrical or Electronic);
- Mathematical Sciences/Statistics;
- (Applied/Financial) Mathematics;
- Quantitative Risk Management;
- (Applied) Statistics; or
- Any other relevant mathematical / statistical degree.
- The intention to pursue a professional qualification (CFA / FRM / PRM / FIA / FASSA) is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge.
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables.
- The ability to interact in a team environment.
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges.
- Flexibility i.e. the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and changing requirements.
- Unrivalled learning opportunities. Because we perform consulting services, every project is different and every client is different, providing you with fresh challenges and the opportunity to expand your professional network.
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match the prospect of working closely with professionals who are leaders in their fields. The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading edge projects.
- Extensive exposure to a broad range of risk work, providing the opportunity to build and strengthen a broad range of risk management skills.
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources.
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access to International best practice.
- Assisting in the development, automation and validation of financial and risk models.
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. clustering and segmentation).
- Perform numerical valuation techniques (e.g. derivatives and exotic structures) and constructing yield curves.
- Assisting in the creation of market leading solutions and thought leadership; building strong clients relationships and general problem solving.
- Reporting to the Manager who leads the team you are assigned to, but also reporting to the managers leading individual projects.
Your application will only be considered complete if you attach ALL of the following documents:
– Full CV
– Copy of ID document
– Copy of matric certificate
– Copy of university academic transcripts
If you are struggling to load multiple documents, please put the required attachments into 1 file/pdf and submit.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Deloitte Financial Services Advisory – Graduate Programme 2024