Application Deadline:January 11, 2019.
The DW Akademie Traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Europe, giving you the chance to learn all the skills you need to work successfully as a multimedia reporter and editor. The DW traineeship is all about gaining hands-on experience in radio, TV and online with a combination of intensive practical training blocks and newsroom placements both within DW and internationally. In this, trainees benefit from DW’s strong ties to other German public broadcasters and international media houses.
Trainees are also able to explore the journalism trends of the future – from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality. In addition, you will have the chance to develop a larger piece of innovative content through involvement in the scheme’s journalism projects.
DW is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences.
DW is looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
- native speaker of one of DW’s languages, and excellent English and German skills
- completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- basic journalism experience
- content published or broadcast
- creative mind
- excellent judge of journalism content
- social media experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- strong MS Office skills, basic audio and video production skills, data skills.
The DW Traineeship offers:
- the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills
- technology training across TV, radio and online
- focused seminars delivered by experienced trainers
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- placement with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or worldwide
- the chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on your own idea
- a salary paid throughout the traineeship
- the prospect of a DW employment contract upon successful completion of the traineeship.
- 18 months
• trainee salary
• international broadcaster in 30 languages
• crossmedia: TV, online and radio
• six months of seminar blocks
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• placement with DW foreign bureau
(Washington, Brussels, Moscow)
• international multimedia projects
• well-known media trainers
For More Information: