Application Deadline: 16th September 2017 at 5 pm GMT
DHL is launching its annual “Innovation Challenges”– and this year’s programme is calling on students, start-ups and inventors either to produce a prototype of a mobile piece picking robot, or to develop a solution to a logistics problem using a “sharing economy” business model, platform or concept.
This challenge is open to anyone with a creative and innovative idea for a Sharing Economy Logistics solution – one that creates value for all stakeholders.
Sharing Economy Challenge
Sharing Economy Logistics embraces the idea that individuals can rent or borrow assets that are owned by someone else at the speed and scale of mobile technology. We have already seen the transportation and hospitality industries revolutionized by sharing economy business models, but what about the asset-intensive world of logistics? By taking a business-oriented approach to the sharing economy, we can augment or disrupt existing practices in logistics, and even create new businesses opportunities for the logistics industry. This DHL Innovation Challenge provides you with the opportunity to come up with original ideas or practical solutions that aim to address logistics problems that could be solved with innovative sharing economy business models.
DHL Robotics Innovation Challenge
This challenge is open to startups, researchers, and university students who can develop an innovative robotic device capable of autonomous mobility and item picking in a typical warehouse environment.
Your idea could be about sharing logistics assets, infrastructure, or resources with consumers. It could be about applying the latest technologies to create shared access to logistics services or underutilized assets. Your concept could be a new product, a service solution, or even a concept for a slick mobile app to share belongings. Just make sure your idea is relevant to logistics and demonstrates value to all parties involved, whether businesses, consumers, or peers.
- Return flights (economy class) and accommodation will be provided by DHL for one representative from each of the three finalists to attend the DHL Innovation Day.
- The winning entrant will receive a prize of €15,000 and their winning idea will be exhibited at the DHL Innovation Center in Germany. In addition, they will have the opportunity to discuss with logistics professionals how to materialize their idea into a potential proof of concept.
- Three finalists will then be chosen by a panel of logistics experts and will be notified by 6th October 2017.
- One representative from each of the three finalists will be invited to the DHL Innovation Center in Troisdorf, Germany to pitch their concept in front of 180+ senior supply chain professionals at the DHL Innovation Day (16th November 2017).
- Entries will be judged on their originality, functionality, perceived commercial feasibility, aesthetics and potential to solve the problem outlined.
- After the pitch, there will be a live audience voting session; the entry with the most votes will be awarded as the winner of the DHL Innovation Challenge.
- Challenge Starts : 16th March 2017
- Submission Deadline: 16th September 2017
- Notification of Finalists: 6th October 2017
- Pitch and Award Ceremony at the DHL Innovation Day: 16th November 2017
For More Information: