Dynamizing Research and Education for All through Mobility in ACP Erasmus Mundus Programme
Application Deadline: October 31st 2014
The DREAM Project (with financial support granted by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme) grants scholarships to students from African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) countries and staff members to undertake a mobility period, or full degree, in some of the best universities in Europe. Scholarships are available for master and doctorate students and also for staff members (academic and administrative) and include a monthly allowance, travel, insurance and tuition fees.
The available scholarships For ACP candidates:
students from the ACP countries willing to develop their activity in a European Partner University. The duration of a Master mobility flow can be between 10 (one academic year) and 24 (two academic years) months, depending on the duration of studies and corresponding to a monthly scholarship of 1.000 €.
- Doctorate (mobility – non-degree seeking):
students from the ACP countries willing to develop their activity in a European Partner University. The duration of a PhD mobility flow is of 10 months corresponds to a monthly scholarship of 1.500 €.
- Academic and Administrative Staff from an ACP partner institution who wish to develop their activity in a European Partner University. The total duration of the mobility is of 1 month, corresponding to a 2.500 € scholarship.
- Every selected applicant will also benefit from a two-way flight ticket and a health, accident and travel insurance valid during the entire mobility period.
- Students will not be required to pay any tuition fees at the host institution, as the tuition fees (when applicable) for the established period of mobility will be totally covered by the project.
General eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship under this project, all applicants from the ACP Countries applying to a mobility scholarship must fulfil the following general criteria:
- be nationals of one of the ACP Countries:
Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo ,São Tomé and Príncipe
East and Southern Africa: Burundi, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia,Zimbabwe
Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique ,Namibia,Swaziland, Tanzania
West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau ,Ivory Coast, Liberia ,Mali , Mauritania , Niger , Nigeria , Senegal
.Sierra Leone, Togo
- have not lived, nor developed their main activity (study, work, etc.), over more than 12 months, in the last 5 years, in one of the European countries (except Staff)
- have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility (except Staff).
- have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.
Eligible areas of study
According to the Guidelines of the Erasmus Mundus Programme, the mobility flows within the scope of this Project are possible in the 16 study fields:
- Agriculture Sciences
- Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning
- Art and Design
- Business Studies, Management Science
- Education, Teacher Training
- Engineering, Technology
- Geography, Geology
- Languages and Philological Sciences
- Mathematics, Informatics
- Medical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Communication and Information Sciences
- Other Areas of Study
- Master students can either apply for an exchange mobility (non-degree seeking) or for a complete degree at the host European University (degree awarded by European institution only).
- In order to qualify for the exchange mobility, applicants must be enrolled in the 1st year of a Master programme at the University of origine in the ACP region and can apply for a maximum of 10 months mobility.
- In order to qualify for a degree-seeking mobility (full degree), applicants must have successfully completed a 1st degree (Bachelor programme in the ACP region). Full degree applicants can enroll on a one year Master programme, corresponding to 10 months or a two year Master course, corresponding to 24 months.
The DREAM partnership is composed of 20 partner institutions from ACP (12) and European countries (8), as well as a group of associate institutions from all over the world.
Target Group I:
- applicants who are registered or have a formal link to one of the partner institutions at the time of submitting their application.
Applicants must have the formal support of the institution (through formal letter of support) to submit the application.
Target Group II:
- applicants who are registered at a non-partner institution of the ACP eligible countries
- applicants who have obtained a university degree or equivalent from an ACP institution (partner or non-partner) but are not currently enrolled, or
- applicants who have a formal link with non-partner institutions of the third-countries from the eligible list of countries at the time of submitting their application
All applicants are advised to have the formal support of the institution (through formal letter of support) to submit the application
Target Group III:
- applicants who are nationals of one of the ACP countries and are in a particularly vulnerable situation for social and political reasons. For example:
- having a refugee status or asylum beneficiaries (international or according to the national legislation of one of the European recipient countries), or
- it can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university on racial, ethnic, religious, political, gender or sexual inclination, or
- they belong to an indigenous population targeted by a specific national policy or IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons
How to Apply:
For More Information: