Application Deadline: 12th October 2014
When: 16th to 22nd November 2014
What: Solidarity Academy 2014
Where: Gdansk, Poland
The European Solidarity Centre and New Eastern Europe are pleased to invite you to the tenth edition of the Solidarity Academy which will be held in Gdańsk from 16th to 22nd November 2014.
The Solidarity Academy is an international educational project aimed at maintaining and developing the tradition of the Solidarity Movement.
During the project, 15 young journalists will have an opportunity to expand their knowledge and learn skills necessary for the work of any young and ambitious journalist or a commentator/columnist who is not indifferent to issues such as geopolitics or liberation movements on both the global and the European scale.
The aim of this year’s Solidarity Academy is to raise awareness among young journalists about aspects of multiculturalism and solidarity with nations fighting for freedom as well as integrating young contributors to New Eastern Europe. The Solidarity Academy will help to create a space for journalists from different backgrounds to meet, share and exchange experiences and initiatives.
- Open to international young Journalists and Writers.
- Organizers cover the costs of travel (up to 800 zł/200 €) and the participants’ stay in Gdańsk.
- Participants will have an opportunity to take part in shared activities but they will also be divided into smaller groups during the journalistic workshops and comfy groups.
- The result of the journalistic workshops will be the final publication and the debate/panel discussion – fully prepared by the participants with the support of experts.
- The working language of the Solidarity Academy is English.
- One of the main goals of the project is to create a programme of Solidarity Academy Graduates which will allow the participants to maintain contact and engage together in other projects. That is why, this year, the former participants of previous editions of Solidarity Academy will participate in the workshops as facilitators and assistants.
How to Apply:
For More Information: