Application Deadline: April 30th 2021
The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
Only candidates with the support of an ETH professor are eligible to apply. Applications submitted without the letter of support will not be considered. Please find the application criteria and procedure below.
• Existing professional contact with a relevant professor is highly recommended
• High English proficiency level is necessary
• Maximum age: 40 years
• Excellent MSc Degree and high academic performance is necessary
• ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea
Application Documentation comprises of:
Completed Concept Note Application Form (DOCX, 38 KB) along with the following compulsory annexes:
- CV of the candidate
- Excellent MSc degree from a recognised university and grade transcripts
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich
- 2 reference letters from your field of research
- Relevant own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- Names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers
Please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements (PDF, 186 KB).
Please submit your application in one single pdf to [email protected]
For More Information: