Application Deadline: 31st August 2017
has challenged the youth in Kenya and the EAC region as a whole to actively take part in the competition to design the new EAC brand that will stand the test of time.
The East African Community (EAC) is a regional intergovernmental organisation of five Partner States, comprising Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Eligibility to participate in the EAC Brand Architecture Competition
(i) Youth aged between 18 years and 35 years;
(ii) Organizations (Design companies) formed and owned by youth;
(iii) Citizens from EAC Partner States (Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan; and Kenya;
(iv) EAC youth living in the diaspora, and;
(v) Participating youth must submit proof of age limit
The EAC will award the first three winners of this competition as follows:
(i) 1st Prize award USD 25,000;
(ii) 2nd Prize award USD 5,000;
(iii) 3rd Price award USD 2,500;
The primary deliverables expected from bidders will be the following:
(i) One EAC Emblem;
(ii) 11 Logos for the EAC Organs (3) and EAC Institutions (8);
(iii) The EAC Corporate Colour (s);
(iv) Unique Identifier that will be adopted in the Emblem and Logos;
(v) Justification for all proposals submitted, and;
(vi) Brief graphic demonstration of the application of the Emblem and Logos in offline, and digital forms.
Technical Presentation and Submission of Concepts
- Submission of various design concepts will be allowed as long as they fulfill competition deliverables (as indicated above) for each design.
- Bidders should submit their creative works in hard copy and digital forms (email and/or flash disk).
- Digital files must be in their final form of publication and may be saved as JPEG or PNG or PDF formats submitted via email and/or flash disk. The resolutions should be at least 300 dpi. All submitted work will not be returned.
- If electronic document transfer tools are used via email, they should NOT be time-bound or have expiry dates for downloading or sharing the documents.
- Design samples must be submitted on not larger than an A4 size paper in either hard or soft copy through email or CD (inclusive of layout files, image files and all fonts used).Submissions should be should be addressed to THE SECRETARY GENERAL, clearly marked “Design of EAC Emblem and Logos”.
(i) By Registered Post:
East African Community
P.O. Box 1096
(ii) By Hand Delivery:
Barabara Ya Afrika Mashariki
(iii) By Email:
For more information, please contact:
For More Information: