Application Deadline: April 6, 2023
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) invites journalists from Nairobi County, Kenya to join a media workshop on air pollution in Nairobi from May 8-10, 2023.
The three-day workshop will strengthen the knowledge and skills of local journalists to report on air pollution, thereby contributing to greater public awareness of the sources, impacts, and potential solutions to air pollution in Nairobi. Internews EJN will facilitate engagement between journalists, subject experts, and communities affected by air pollution, providing an opportunity for journalists to gain knowledge on air quality science and better understanding of the real-life challenges faced by affected communities.
The workshop will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from May 8-10, 2023.
- Applications are open to Kenyan journalists based in Nairobi County from print, online, radio and television media outlets.
- Meals and local travel allowance will be provided.
- Workshop will include a field trip to a location affected by air pollution.
- EJ especially encourage women and early- and mid-career journalists to apply.
- Applicants must commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate interest in air quality issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any stories produced as a result of participation in the workshop.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the EJN Media Workshop on Air Pollution