Application Deadline: Friday, June 11th 2021
A first of its kind intensive six months legislative and leadership development programme for aspiring female lawmakers, between the ages of 25 – 45 years. Targeted at working professionals who have a strong interest in politics and aspire to run for lawmaking office at the federal or state assemblies across Nigeria.
ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme is a flagship programme of ElectHER Academy which seeks to address the decline in numbers of female leaders and to raise a new generation of female lawmakers who are resolute in their pursuit of changing the statuesque. This fellowship is aimed at identifying, equipping and enabling women working in different sectors to run for law making office positions.
Over the five-month period, fellows will have access to:
• Virtual learning sessions consisting of lectures, online seminars, discussions, workshops, informal networking, masterclasses and guest spotlight interactive sessions with key leaders and lawmakers in Nigeria and across the world.
• A one-week residency in Abuja to gain practical knowledge and engage key stakeholders.
• An opportunity to execute and fundraise for a constituency project.
• Consultancy work placement
The fellowship is intensive, highly participatory and interactive, providing a supportive learning environment, skill building, legislative depth and for exchange of best practices and experiences. At the end of the programme and upon successful completion, fellows would have achieved;
- Stronger personal brand as one of the promising female politicians to watch out for in the 2023 elections.
- Intensive training on policy design and analysis
- A robust and in-depth understanding of the legislature and principles of lawmaking.
- Access to a community support network locally and internationally.
- Access to campaign funding opportunities
Selections of fellows
Fully completed applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the Committee.
i. Nigerians resident in Nigeria
ii. Must be running for office at either Federal or State assemblies’ levels in 2023. May have ran for office previously at the Federal or State assemblies.
iii. Demonstrated interest in government, politics and/or public affairs. Previously/ currently working in government within a technical capacity, or in government consulting.
iv. Must have a clear engagement strategy for the 2023 elections and have reasonable social capital within the political space
v. MUST BE SERIOUS ABOUT CONTESTING AND WINNING ELECTIONS IN 2023!
How to Apply
– All intending fellows must fill an application form to be considered for the programme on or before Friday, June 11th 2021.
– Please get the following documents ready, as you will be required to attach with your application.
- An updated CV.
- A letter of recommendation from a past or current political office holders. Letters
should be written by someone who can attest to your professional abilities,
character and suitability for this programme
For More Information: