Submission Deadline: April 10 2015
Would you like the chance to share your vision of our future with world leaders in Brussels? The six talented finalists of the EDD15 Photo Contest will be invited to attend Europe’s largest development forum, European Development Days 2015 on 3 & 4 June where their photos will be exhibited and they will have the opportunity to meet key actors in development and share their ideas for our future!
What is your vision of how food will affect our future?
- To enter this contest you must be between the ages of 15 and 25 at the time of entry. Entrants from all countries and territories are welcome to participate in the competition. All photo entries must be submitted with captions and texts in one of the 5 official contest languages: English, French, German, Portuguese or Spanish.
- You must supply full details as required by the registration form, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s).
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently
- There will be six (6) finalists, one finalist from each continent. The prize to be awarded to each finalist is a trip to Brussels in order to attend European Development Days on 3 and 4 June 2015 (accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals will be covered).
- For finalists under the age of 18, arrangements (including accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals) will be made for an accompanying parent or guardian.
- Finalists based outside the European Union who will require a visa to travel to Brussels are responsible for securing their own visas and should begin this process immediately after having been notified that they have won.
- The European Commission will assist by providing the necessary documents for the visa application.
- For the winner of the EDD15 vote during the conference, the prize to be awarded is a trip to the World Expo in Milan in October 2015 (accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals will be covered).
- If the winner is under the age of 18, arrangements (including accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals) will be made for an accompanying parent or guardian.
- Photo entries must be of minimum resolution 1170 x 1656 pixels (2 megapixels). Participants are encouraged to submit their photo in higher quality if they are able to, with resolution 3509 x 4967 pixels (17.5 megapixels), as the winning photos will be printed in A1 format to be exhibited during the conference.
- Entries can be submitted under one of the three sub-categories: how the food we eat affects the environment, society or the economy.
How to Enter:
- Participants may enter the competition on the EuropeAid Facebook page, and submit a photo accompanied by a short caption of 140 characters (max.), as well as a short text of 1 000 characters (max.) to explain the story behind the photo.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries but will only be judged for the one photo that has the most votes.
- All photo entries must be submitted using the online registration form on the Facebook page of EuropeAid: www.facebook.com/europeaid. You must have a Facebook account to enter this contest
For More Information: