Application Deadline:May 9, 2021
The Joint Project of the European Union and the Council of Europe for the Support of Independent Bodies in Tunisia (PAII-T) , in partnership with the French Institute of Tunisia and the Tunisian League for Human Rights , is organizing a photo competition. Entitled:
Let your eyes speak – خلي عينيك تتكلم
TH E ME: Illustrate and defend human rights in Tunisia.
Human rights are indivisible, inalienable and universal and respect the equality and dignity of each individual. They are inscribed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in the European Convention on Human Rights.
- All youth 18 to 30 years (the work must be completed and submitted before 31 th anniversary) of Tunisian nationality, Amateur · trice · s photography .
- Participants · e · s must be authors and custodians of the rights related to ‘ picture and have the ‘ authorization of any persons identifiable in the photo.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Take a photo related to the theme “Living and defending human rights in Tunisia” using your smartphone or camera;
- Write a title and a caption of 40 words maximum in one of the following languages: Arabic or French;
- Submit your application using the form below .
IMPORTANT: Only one entry per person is accepted. The participation on the contest is free.
Before submitting your application, please read the Rules and the conditions for participating in the competition, which can be downloaded here .
WHAT TYPES OF PHOTOS?
- Photos can be taken from any digital camera, smartphone, or film (in this case, as scanned slides).
- The minimum size required for the image is 1024 pixels per side, any lower quality image will be disqualified. For the exhibition of the winning photos, a size of 4000 pixels is desirable.
- File size must be less than 10MB.
- Photos should be submitted in high resolution in png or jpeg format.
- Post-processing of images is permitted. This includes global adjustments to exposure, contrast, burn-in, dodge, crop, sharpness, noise reduction, and tone. Minor cleaning of images is allowed, including removal of backscatter, dust and scratches. HDR, panoramas, focus stacking or other techniques involving the use of several images taken at the same time and in the same place are also allowed.
- On the other hand, the photos should not include too much retouching. Likewise, special effects and other heavy modifications should be avoided.
- Photos which could, in any form or manner, undermine the values of the organizing structures will be disqualified.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to remove a photo if there is reason to believe that a participant is in violation of the contest rules.
The competition will be open from April 2 until the 9 mail 2021 .
Photos must be sent before midnight on May 9, 2021 before 11:59 p.m. (Tunis time) via an online form.
Participants will be able to win the following prizes:
- The April 1 · e · s winner · e · will be invited · e · s to participate in tours in Europe (Spain and France) on the occasion of training on the topic of human rights, organized by the Council of Europe during the second half of 2021.
- All visa, travel (return plane ticket) and subsistence costs will be covered.
- The 15 best photos will be exhibited at the French Institute in Tunisia. The winners will be invited to the opening of the exhibition to be held as part of the conference “Independent bodies serving citizens: strengthening human rights in Tunisia” of the PAII-T * program on 25-26 May 2021 and will receive a framed print of their work .
Prices may be postponed, modified or adapted, depending on the Covid-19 health measures that may be in force over the coming months.
For More Information: