Application Deadline: 20th August 2015
- The Eye on Earth Alliance is sending one lucky winner to Abu Dhabi UAE, to attend the 2015 Eye on Earth Summit.
- Write an inspiring 750 – 1,000 word blog post on the theme “A better world through knowledge and information.”
Eye on Earth is a global movement that aims to improve the access to and availability of environmental, social and economic data to support informed decision-making for sustainable development.
Eye on Earth wants you to create a blog post that looks at how data and information can make a difference to ordinary people’s lives. Whether it is lifting people out of poverty, helping communities prepare for natural disasters or simply enhancing our ability to make better day-to-day choices, your blog entry should focus on how a #datarevolution can help us secure a better and more sustainable future.
Your entry should be innovative, inspiring and motivate your peers to get talking about the vital role data and information has to play in protecting the health of our planet.
- Your blog post must be an original and thought-provoking piece, crafted expressly for this competition. Plagiarism is not ok, so please be creative and unique.
- For your blog post to be considered, you must be over 18 years of age and comply with the EoE Blogging Competition entry requirements
- The Eye on Earth Alliance is sending one lucky winner to Abu Dhabi, UAE to attend the Eye on Earth Summit from 6th-8th October 2015 as its Official Eye on Earth Summit 2015 Blogger.
- Receive round-trip flights to Abu Dhabi*
- Receive three nights’ accommodation at a luxury five-star hotel
- Meet some of the world’s most influential names in sustainable development and informatics
- Guest blog, tweet and post real-time Summit updates to an enthusiastic global audience.
- * All prizes are subject to the winner’s ability to travel on the dates specified, obtain a UAE visa and comply with the EoE Blogging Competition Terms & Conditions.
How to Enter:
- Simply upload your submission and brief personal biography to the Eye on Earth website, submit and share.
- The more popular your post, the more chances you have to win.
- Organisations are eligible to submit one entry each, but must nominate one individual to represent the organisation if they should win.
Blog posts will be judged on the following 5 categories:
Submissions can be made: July 15th – Aug 20th 2015
Winners will be announced: Early September 2015
For More Information: