Application Deadline: August 25, 2024
Applications are now open for the 2024 Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Fellowship Programme. The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and, at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO.
Assignments should be in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
• Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/.
• Candidates should have at least two years of relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
• Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
• Be nationals of FAO Members.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills.
• Candidates are requested to attach a research proposal, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of academic qualifications to the online profile.
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile.
• Personal information provided in your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application.
• Candidates who are not selected before the closing date and wish to be continuously considered for an assignment are requested to re-apply to the new Calls.
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
For More Information: