Application Deadline: 10th November 2016
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting global young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas. FRIDA was created to bring new resources and new opportunities to young women and trans* youth globally. FRIDA believe that supporting young feminists is key to the expansion, rejuvenation and sustainability of women’s movements and organizations, both now and in the future. To date, FRIDA has completed four grant cycles, and cumulatively supported 109 different groups of young feminists in 67 different countries around the world and awarding a total of 713,214.00 USD in direct grants.
This year FRIDA are celebrating FRIDA’s 5th birthday and are excited to be launching its 5th call for proposals and intend to support up to 30 new young feminist groups led by young women and trans* youth under 30 years of age.
- Groups founded or led by young women or trans* youth (under 30 years) that are committed to:
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective;
- Improving the lives of young women/trans* youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Inclusive organizing, collective action and feminist movement building
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in the Global South (Sub Saharan Africa, Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East and North Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central and North Asia).
- Groups founded in the past 6 years (i.e. your group was formed between 2010 – 2016).
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups, networks, or collectives with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are working on emerging or issues that have not received prior funding.
- Groups, networks, or collectives located in remote underserved areas.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are diverse in their membership and made up of and/or working with socially marginalized young women especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban poor, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, women living with HIV/AIDS, sex workers, women with disabilities, women living in armed conflicts and post conflict zones.
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media etc).
Funding Amounts & Length of Grant
FRIDA makes grants of up to $4,000 USD. They are flexible grants that can be used for general support and/or projects to be used over a period of 12 months and are open to renewal.
*Please Note: FRIDA recognizes the value of general support and encourages groups to prioritize resources according to their own needs. For example some groups may consider using FRIDA funds to cover staff, administration, or organizational costs while others may use funds to support establishing infrastructure or project related costs.
Important things to remember!
- Before completing the application, please read the application guidelines to determine your eligibility. Also, you can review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the FRIDA Website
- All applications must directly benefit young women and trans* youth in a culturally appropriate, sustainable, and gender inclusive manner and address issues central to women’s human rights.
- If you would like to see the kinds of groups FRIDA is currently supporting, please visit our website
- You do not need to be a legally registered group to apply.
- You may submit your application in ONE of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese.
- Applications must be received by: 10th November 2016
- You can submit only ONE proposal this funding cycle.
- If unsuccessful, you will be informed by email in December 2016. Funds will be distributed to grantee partners in February 2017.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
In order to streamline the application process, FRIDA is currently accepting proposals online! We strongly recommend that you read through the complete application form before you submit online. This will help you prepare complete responses before you begin your online submission. In order to makes sure that we receive your proposal please use the online form, rather than sending your proposal via email.
If you think your group is eligible to apply for a grant from FRIDA, please see the application materials below:
For More Information: